Medical & Health Sciences
Prof Fahal is a high volume researcher in mycetoma. He has published and presented extensively in this area. Has is involved in collaborative research work in mycetoma with many national and international institutes. He is the founding Director of the Mycetoma Research Centre, University of Khartoum, one of its kind worldwide (www.mycetoma.edu.sd).
He has served as the Director of Educational Development Centre for Medical & Health Professionals, University of Khartoum, was the Founding Director of the Self Evaluation and Quality Enhancement Administration, University of Khartoum. He was the Academic Secretary OF University of Khartoum. Currently he is in charge of the University of Khartoum Library. He sits on various curricula, research ethics, accreditations and administrative committees at national and regional levels. In medical education, he in actively involved in teaching and organizing workshops, training courses and conferences for medical and health professionals in the Sudan and the region.
- The State of the Sudan Golden Medal for Excellence & the Promotion of Scientific Innovation in Medicine - Sudan, 2000.
- The Ziber Award for Excellence in Medicine - Sudan, 2000.
- Premio Cabeza Maya - International Research Group on Pathogenic Actinomycetes (GIIAP), Mexico, 2007.
- The University of Khartoum Award for Excellence in Scientific Research, Sudan, 2010.
- FRCSI- Dublin-Ireland; FRCP - London, UK; FRCS -London, UK
- Local Secretary, The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 1997 -Present.
- Fellow, The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 1992 -Present.
- Member, Executive Council the Sudan National Academy of Science, 2007-Present.
- Member, Sudanese Society of Physiology, 1994 -Present.
- Founding member, Association of Medical Education for Africa, 2007-Present.
- Member, Pan African Association of Surgeons, 1996 -Present.
- Ambassador for North Africa, and member of the Association for Medical Education in Europe, 2002-present.
- Founding Secretary General, Sudanese Association of Medical Education, 2004--Present.
- Founding member, Global Academy of Tropical Surgery, 2004-Present.